Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Oddly

I have my "first" date tonight. Although I've spent time with other women, this is the first person that I've felt physically attracted to. So, I'm going to call this D1. It's odd though; as I sit here grading papers, which feels SO innane that it would normally leave me looking forward to going to grab a drink afterwork, I'm not looking forward to tonight.

I've gone out with friends almost every night for the last four or five nights, and I've looked forward to it. I think I like the not knowing, kindof anxious space of not knowing whether someone is interested in going out with me; like the greyhound who's ruined for the rest of their career if they ever catch the rabbit. I don't chase women, I don't like the coy games of yes/no getaway/come closer; but, I do enjoy the thrill and exhilleration of not knowing.

She did offer to pay in her last e-mail. And, I do like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment