Monday, July 26, 2010

Online Personals

I just got back in town from NYC this past weekend, and coming from a city where there are lots of beautiful women all around me everywhere I go to a much smaller city with a much smaller dating pool has made me realize just how big of a challenge this is going to be. I can tell already that my ego may be a bit bruised from nothing other than the dating constraints.

I went out Saturday, and didn't even take my phone since I had no intention of meeting people. As luck would have it, we ended up in a club that was having an off night, and I still met three different women who texted me so that we could get together before I left town.

It's Monday morning, and I'm back home and ready to get started for this project next week. I just looked through the online personals, and didn't see a single person that I wanted to contact. So, I'm mustering up the gumption (self-delusion) to create profiles with the expectation that there are lots of women (just like me) who are out there, but don't have online profiles.

Maybe it's a good time to catch all the new grad students and queer faculty who are moving to the city? I think I just found the central substance of my self-delusion!!

No comments:

Post a Comment