Thursday, July 29, 2010

OH LAWD JEZUS!!!!!

So, I have date 1 set up. I joined a local singles group this morning and chatted with this woman online, and she was smart and funny. So I asked her out for a coffee date. She only had one of those cartoon avatars up wasn't totally my type, but what can you really tell from an avatar?

I'll tell you what you can tell from an avatar: how a person would like other people to view them! That's what you can tell, and that's about all.

Suddenly it all come flooding back to me: meeting people online. Old and outdated profile pics, lots of chatting, both online and on the phone, that leads to meeting up somewhere only to realize that within 5 minutes that if you'd met them at a party you would have never invested so much time.

I guess the skill aquisition is in the asking and the persistence to keep on trying; holding firm to the expectation that I'm only 30 days away from knowing 3-4 women that I really feel like I connect with. I don't want a girlfriend right now, just some lesbians that I click with. It's been a few years since I feel like I've had that. So, I guess this project is about developing the skills to go after it, even when it's illusory, because it's important to me.

But, to be honest, right now I feel like Danielson detailing Mr. Miagi's car. Wax on, wax off. How the fuck is this going to get be a Cobra Kai victory!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment