Thursday, July 29, 2010

Step One!

Ok- I've put up some online posts (well, CL and a local singles group), but even doing that took far longer than it needed to. Everyone has seen CL. It's hard to say that I expect much from there, but then I feel like I'm not fully committed to meeting people if I leave this stone unturned.

As much as I expect to find grubs and some things I'd rather not touch, I'm going to think of this as being committed to trying, and overcoming my reservations about the bleakness of this city's prospects. I sent out a text to 15 or 20 people telling them I was doing the project, and the only responses I got were some variant of "You're the only (single) lesbian I know." And then I thought about it, *I* only know one other single lesbian right now, and she wants to do this project with me!

SMH

I did get asked out on a date by a married woman, a gay friend, and a couple of straight female friends who were trying to be supportive. If only this were a game of horseshoes.

Next step, join the community organizations. (The only one that exists here is for "Aging Lesbians". But, I've been invited to join more than once. Ouch!)


No comments:

Post a Comment